A Typical Weekday this Summer at YCC (Sunday - Friday)
Mercaz (also known as Flagpole); where the entire camp meets to raise the flags, sing O Canada and hear any general announcements about the day
9:50am - 10:50am
Activity period 1
11:05am - 12:05pm
Activity period 2
Mercaz; entire camp meets again, skits by certain specialties are done, reminders to wear hats and sunscreen are made along with other general announcements
Rest hour; write letters home, relax
2:15pm - 3:15pm
Activity period 3
3:30pm - 4:30pm
Activity period 4 and afternoon snack
4:45pm - 5:45pm
Activity period 5
Mercaz; entire camp meets, flags are lowered (on Friday nights, we sing Hatikvah)
Evening activity and snack
9:15pm - 10:15pm
Bedtime (depending on age)
A Typical Weekend this Summer at YCC
8am - 9am
Wake-up (depending on age) and breakfast delivered to all of the units
10:00am - 10:30am
Jr. Side Tfilah (services) at our outdoor amphitheatre or Koby Centre, followed by activities
10:45am - 11:15am
Sr. Side Tfilah at our outdoor amphitheatre or Koby Centre, followed by activities
1:45pm - 2:45pm
3:00pm - 4:00pm
6:00pm - 7:00pm
Back to units to relax, shower, get ready for Saturday night Social
7:00pm - 9:30pm
Saturday night social; dancing, games, food, floats (different age groups leave the dance at different times)
8:30pm - 10:00pm
Havdallah for each individual unit at different times (depending on age, followed by bedtime)
5 things to do during rest hour
- 01Play ping pong Each unit has its own set of ping pong tables and a tetherball pole.
- 02Write a letter This is a great opportunity to write letters to friends and family.
- 03Read a book YCC may be screen free, but we encourage campers to go old school and pick up a book now and then.
- 04Relax with your friends With nowhere to rush off to, this is a wonderful time to relax and chat.
- 05Afternoon nap! Hey - you're in the Laurentians, with great scenery and fresh air... sometimes a nap is in order!