YCC – A COMMUNITY OF CHARACTER
One goal we have is to help create a “community of character” – cultivating responsible, respectful, role models among our campers and counselors. At the YM-YWHA, we have placed this under the banner of #wedogood.
At YCC, one of the unique ways we do this is by involving all of our supervisors and CIT staff in community service volunteer work during the winter. Some of the areas that our staff have been involved with include :
• Serving food at “Le Cafe ” at Cummings Centre
• WIJCC/Beth Tikvah Purim party
• Participating in the JNF telethon
• Federation Family Mitzvah Day in the West Island
• YCC/Shaare Zion Family Oneg Shabbat
• Yom Ha’Atzmaut Rally
Our YCC staff lead by example!
Our Summer Camp
The Harry Bronfman Y Country Camp (YCC), founded in 1962, provides a unique community of friendship and excitement, where campers and their counsellors join together in a Jewish atmosphere to create a special family, building friendships and memories that last a lifetime.
A branch of the Montreal YM-YWHA, YCC provides a friendly, supportive and cooperative atmosphere that fosters self-esteem and independence through sports, arts, nature and outdoor adventures.
Campers at YCC:
- Develop a deeper understanding and appreciation of our Jewish culture, traditions and values
- Gain personal independence
- Build self-confidence
- Make new friends
- Gain an appreciation of nature and the environment
- Try new activities and develop new skills
- Master exisiting skills
- Create lasting memories
- Have fun!
Click here to see what a typical day is like at YCC.
Click here if you would like to make a donation to the Harry Bronfman Y Country Camp.