Marni Schlomowitz, Director
Marni has been working with children in a variety of roles for over 25 years; caring, nurturing and teaching them. She holds a Bachelor’s degree in Kindergarten and Elementary education from McGill University, as well as a BA in Child Studies from Concordia University. Since graduating in 2002, Marni has been teaching English Language Arts, Mathematics, and Robotics from Kindergarten to Grade 6 at a private day school in Montreal.
Summer camp is very dear to Marni; she was a camper and a camp counsellor and spent 15 years as Camp Coordinator at a large accredited day camp in the Montreal region.
Marni loves that YCC is all about putting the campers first. Marni’s strong leadership skills, high standards and experience in the camping industry have made a huge impact on the operations at YCC and have helped ensure that our campers enjoy a safe, healthy, and fun-filled summer.
Marni and her husband Jesse have two children, Morgan and Oliver. The family is looking forward to another great summer at YCC.
You can email Marni at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seeking Assistant Camp Director. Find out more. Apply today!
Camp Management Committee | CMC
David Miller: Chairman
Lonn Shulkin (Vice-Chairman)
Top 6 things your kids will experience this summer at YCC
- 01Leadership From the youngest to the oldest camper, we offer leadership opportunities for all.
- 02Boating and Canoeing Time spent on the water makes your realize that camp is really something special. After all, when do you get to do this during the rest of the year?
- 03Kotel Moments At our Shabbat service, campers are encouraged to get up in front of their peers and share their "Kotel Moment" - something special that happened during the week. These poignant moments are the brightest part of every week.
- 04Shabbat Service Ours is a simple, but meaningful inclusive service that begins with with candle lighting and singing, and continues on Saturday morning.
- 05Camp Songs They remain with you forever. From Friday night sing-alongs to the songs after meals - it's what camp memories are made of.
- 06Mercaz Before each meal, the entire camp meets at Mercaz in Rubin Park. Here they bond, listen to general announcements, see skits, sing O Canada, raise the flags, and then head off to the dining halls.